After featuring in the film industry for over three decades now, Vince Vaughn is undoubtedly a famous figure to many. His career that dates back to the 80s has made him a person of interest to many fans.
The question about his origin has been the bone of contention, with people arguing that he could be Canadian and not American.
Today, we dive deep into his origin to find the truth about him.
Is Vince Vaughn Canadian?
Vince Vaughn is American. He was born in Minneapolis, Minnesota, USA, and raised in Lake Forest, Illinois.
However, his mother is Canadian-born. His wife, Kyla Weber, also hails from Canada, Okotoks, to be specific.
Vince Vaughn’s Mother
Vince’s mother, Sharon Eileen DePalmo, is a native of Hamilton, Ontario, Canada. She is a real estate agent and a stockbroker.
Sharon was mentioned to be one of the best financial managers in the United States by Bloomberg Wealth Magazine.
She also appeared in the movie, The Breakup, although she is not into acting.
Vince Vaughn’s Father
Vernon Lindsay Vaughn is the father of Vince Vaughn.
His mother, Rose Marie, was born in Ohio to Lebanese parents. Vince’s father, Daniel Vaughn, hails from California. His paternal grandparents were from Kentucky.
Vernon worked as a salesman for a toy company in the United States. He was married to Sharon Eileen DePalmo and had three children: Vince, Victoria, and Valeri.
The couple divorced in 1991.
Vernon Vaughn appeared in movies such as Swingers (2016), Made (2001), The Break Up (2006), Four Christmases (2008), Couples Retreat (2009), and En Cavela ( 2016).
Interesting Facts About Vince Vaughn
- He became president in his final year in Lake Forest High School so that he could graduate. This is because his grades were not exemplary. So, by becoming president, he was allowed to give a speech. By giving a speech, he was allowed to graduate. Smart move!
- He lost a piece of thumb in a car wreck.
- Vince started smoking while playing a role in one of the movies. He later became addicted and struggled to quit. Vince successfully quit smoking in July 2005.
- He does not like cell phones and doesn’t own one. He lost some while acting in movies.
- In 2008, he was ranked top of the Forbes list of actors with the best return on investments. At that time, movie studios earned $14.75 for every $1 he got paid.
- On June 8, 2019, he was awarded the third-highest award ever bestowed by the US Army to a civilian. He was presented with the Meritorious Public Service Medal to recognize his contributions to service members’ morale.
- Her mother liked his father’s initials in his name, Vince Vaughn, and decided to name them using the same initials.
- His father, Vernon Vaughn, was featured in six of his movies.
- As of 2021, Vince Vaughn’s net worth is estimated to be $70 million. He has amassed most of his wealth, working as a producer, actor, screenwriter, and comedian.
- He dated co-star Jennifer Aniston while filming The Break-Up between 2005 and 2006.